Upon second viewing, I have definitely concluded that Guardians of the Galaxy is even better when you imagine it as a tabletop campaign with an increasingly frustrated DM who’s sick of being interrupted.
GM: “Roll 2d10.”
Peter: “Red high. Twelve.”
GM: “You have 12 percent of a plan.”
The entire prison break scene was just Rocket’s player rolling knowledge checks on every turn until something worked.
- When Drax’s player said, “I go into the phone booth and call Ronan to Knowhere”, the DM stared open-mouthed for a minute, then called break time. The rest of the party was speechless.
- Pretty much just in general, Drax’s player is one of those people who thinks Chaotic Neutral means “throws self at shit for the lulz” and is really fortunate he didn’t have many other opportunities to derail the campaign.
- Gamora’s player gets really exasperated by the entirety of the campaign. They rolled a character with a tragic backstory and clear hooks to the villain to expand on, and had no idea that everyone else was going to be so silly. It leads to begging the party to just once execute a normal plan because look at Gamora’s stealth bonus, this min/maxed assassin needs a chance to use her abilities, please.
- Rocket’s a skill monkey who, if not for Drax’s grand display of idiocy, would have gladly derailed the campaign with absurd plans.
- Groot was a joke idea someone came up with that people ended up liking too much.
- Ronan’s confusion when Star Lord began dancing was the DM’s confusion verbatim.
- The DM now vetoes Chaotic Neutral characters on principle.
You know why I love AUs? Because the whole point of them is that everything is changed, and yet these two people are still going to meet and fall in love- that they’re so set in stone and so meant to be that you can change literally everything in a hundred universes and they’ll fall in love over and over again.
one thing i love about college is that everyone is so exhausted that nobody judges anyone for sleeping anywhere like
just rest your eyes
we’re all in this together
you are safe here
it will be ok
This is by far the cutest college post I have ever seen
As a College Student, I can proudly say this is college nap law: you don’t judge or bother sleeping students
The printmaking grad students would give me tips on how to be more comfortable when I slept in studio.
you could be sad about your otp but consider:
- one making awful breakfast for the other and the other eating it because they appreciate it that much
- one putting their ridiculous music on in the car and singing along while the other sits in the passenger seat with their head in their hands
- the two of them going down to the beach and one getting sunburned really badly so the other slathers them with aloe gel when they get home
- one getting home from work later than the other and stretching out on top of them like a big lazy cat while they sit on the couch in front of the tv
- one inexplicably bringing home an animal and refusing to drop it at the shelter so they and the other have to take care of it
- the both of them going out to a park and getting ice cream to sit with and eat on a bench
- one sending memes to the other while they’re at work so much they turn their phone off in exasperation
- one giving the other their jacket and not getting it back from the other until it stops smelling like them
- Look at the #Ferguson tag on Twitter and toggle between the everything, videos, and photos. Things tend to get filtered in weird ways on Twitter.
I CAN NOT GET OVER THIS
how does 6 seconds have such a drastic plot twist
"not a girl
— a storm with skin.”